Saturday, December 27, 2008

DIA has free wifi!!!!!!

So excited that DIA has free wifi now, it surely helps to pass the time sitting here in the lonely C concourse. I'm about to board for my second of four flights to Minneapolis, it looks as if there are going to be a lot of people on this flight, many youngsters as well, which could be bad. Right now I'm listening to a van mix that I made a while back, rocking out to One More Time daft punk. I'm definitely getting a few stares about the volume of my music, but they chose to sit by me. When I got here I was the only one in my row save for a couple of birds flying around inside.

I am so ready to be heading home to Marquette, break has been exceptionally long it seems. I know that I wasn't home very long or very often, but a little is all I need these days. I felt bad, M and D were constantly around to catch up and spend time with me, but I just wanted to hang out by myself in the house or town. I don't quite know what's wrong with me that I spend so much time missing my family and home and Colorado in general and then every odd moment I just wish I was in Marquette with my team. I guess that could be normal, seeing as the team is like my second family. I've really distanced myself from the goings on in Durango, have moved on in a bad way I think. I feel that it's healthy to start up a new life where you live, but I seriously hardly wanted to even go skiing with the DNSC. It's like I'm so dependent on my current life that going home makes me a loner or something.

On a brighter note :) I'm super excited for the coming semester and year. Can you believe that it's going to be 2009 in a week's time? We're fast approaching the new decade, makes me feel old. I so clearly remember Y2K and how disappointed I was that we didn't have to/get to camp out in the living room making Spaghetti-O's on the wood stove. We've come so far in the past ten years. I'm living in Michigan, Megan's in grad school, and M and D are doing better than ever. Things I'm excited for in the new year: the race season, the new administration starting the 21st, finishing up my junior year at NMU, getting a good job this summer, and other things including the growing importance that I place upon my relationships and friendships.

Aaaaahhhh I can't wait to get back to my little home and little team. I wish Tim was in Marquette now, but soon enough I guess. Come to think of it, I wish Megan was in Marquette as well.

Alright, it's about time for me to board so I'm going to have to sign off now, see you on the other side!

Caitlin

1 comment:

mcassidy25 said...

I'm so glad you finally made it home and I wish I was in Marquette as well dear sister:)