Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One more time . . . we're going to celebrate, oh yeah . . .

So it's Wednesday late afternoon and I only have one exam left in this semester of college! I just took my ProCook written exam and felt pretty confident that I pulled out a good one. There were actually some unexpectedly tough questions/ones that I didn't think would be asked. There was a huge true/false section and true/false always kills me, I get really caught up in the exact language of the question. I think too much. So now I'm waiting in the Jacobetti atrium for Tim to finish up his last exam, mechanics of motion? In either case we'll both be done after today, yay!

I can't believe how fast this semester went by, it seems like just yesterday that we were laying on the beach and drinking excessively. Now it's just the beginning of ski season, it's actually time to get serious. School will get harder and we'll see how the past year's training has paid off. Hopefully I will continue to ski better and better. For instance, am was pleasantly happy to find out that Laura only beat me by one minute in this weekend's classic 5km. I'm pretty sure that there was a classic race last year that she beat me by six minutes. Or maybe that was a 10km, but in any case that would've been three minutes in a 5km. I'm almost as excited about this as I was to beat Randi. Probably more since I only got her by four seconds. As long as I stay healthy I think this season holds some good results. OH, I am wicked excited and curious to see who (on both teams) will go to NCAAs. It's much less defined this year I think.

Today was an excellent one so far. Got up rather early for a morning ski with Phill and Tim. Besides maybe Laura, there's no one I'd rather have a nice ski with. There was quite a bit of new snow on the trails, but it was so light and fluffy that if you closed your eyes, you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't perfectly groomed, except that it was quiet. I freaking love it out there. I was kind of looking forward to skiing on the Superior loop again while it was so perfectly tracked, but I'm sure it will be groomed nicely again. After the ski, Tim and I had some left-over potato medley thing for breakfast, he scrambled some eggs, all covered in Durango Dinner Green Chile, it was amazing, I can't wait to go to the diner for the Bacon Cure! Then we went back to Harrison St. and . . . studied up until our tests at 4:00. Was quite funny studying as neither of us really wanted to, but both did. The Halloween garbage hatched a batch of fruit flies recently and the house pack has been waging war. Tim was roving around watching the traps in action. After my test, I might go to the newest 3D Disney movie with Gus, others too if they can be pursuaded to come. There's many showings tonight and I've not be to a 3D movie since going to Disney World in kindergarten, I'm excited.


Now I have one last test at 6:00, will be the test that I'm least prepared for, but I've stopped caring really, terrible attitude I know, but I think things will be fine.

SO excited for Christmas, excited to give all my gifts, a excited to get some too . . . I hope everyone likes their things, especially Megan and Tim, those are the ones I am most thrilled about . . . ha! Take that you two! So many Christmasy moments in the future: the gift exchange with the team, gifting between me and Tim, my home gift exchange, gifting with Megan and Caley before Christmas, and actual Christmas both at home and out at Grandmas! That's like seven exchanges! Oh, and also with Christina after we get back from Nationals! Presents! Yay!

Things to do before heading home: take SO 113 final, go to Bolt, clean the house (dishes and laundry mostly), Christmas cookies at Harrison, Christmas shopping with Christina, oatmeal breakfast with Anna Karin, buy present for gift exchange (wrap it), go to races at Ironwood, gift exchange with Tim, get Tanya's present, wine/cheese/dessert party (maybe), pack to go home, make sure house is clean, reserve spot on the shuttle to FoCo, hmmmmm that's all!

Okay, that should be a long enough post for a while :)

Caitlin

1 comment:

mcassidy25 said...

congrats on finishing another semester sister!! i still have another week of the hell that is school...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU